We are both well known and respected dental surgeons in Cambridgeshire and have practiced in St. Ives for over 14 years. Many visitors to this site will have already been treated by us and know our abilities as dentists. We offer the standard of care that we would wish for ourselves and our children, representing high quality and good value with the emphasis on prevention to keep your teeth healthy and looking good.
- Why should I join the Old Grammar School Dental Surgery and your Dental Plan?
- At The Old Grammar School Dental Surgery, we concentrate on what’s important to you as a patient – professional, timely, personal and considerate service.
Our objectives are to attain a high standard of dental health for the whole family and to minimise the need for treatment by following a top quality dental maintenance plan (The Old Grammar School Dental Surgery Plan) based on preventative measures and advice.
- How much does your Dental Plan cost?
- £11 per month.
- What can I expect for £11 per month?
- • 2 examinations per year
• 2 scale and polish treatments per year
• 15% discount off normal treatment fees
• emergency appointments
• world-wide out of hours emergency treatment
The monthly plan cost includes the charges payable by you to DPAS for its management and administration service. Treatment not covered by the plan can be paid for separately. Terms which are set out within our dental plan brochure are subject to change without notice.
- How do I join The Old Grammar School Dental Surgery care plan?
- There is no need for an assessment. All you have to do is call in to our reception with your current bank account details, where our staff will help you to complete a registration form, a Direct Debit mandate and an authorisation form for DPAS.
The forms can also be downloaded.
In addition to your first monthly payment, a one- off registration fee of £10 per person will be charged by DPAS and will be included in your first Direct Debit payment. If you choose to leave the plan for any reason you can do so by giving us one month’s notice. Please note, registration is for a minimum of 6 months. Should you cancel within this time any discounts or treatments applied will be charged in full.
- What about dentistry for my child?
- Your child's dental heath is important to us. Childhood has been identified as the most important period in a person's 'dental life'. We have found that even when children have been to the dentist before, they often do not know what to expect when they come to see us. On the first and all subsequent visits we aim to provide children with full information about the visit, to help them overcome any anxieties. We firmly believe that this approach prepares the child to develop a positive attitude towards dental health.
At The Old Grammar School, we are aware of the anxieties associated with dentistry , we and all of our team strive to alleviate these factors by empathy and patience, backed by many years of experience of working with children. Our focus is directed upon children and their parents and we aim to make dental visits a pleasurable experience for everyone.
- What is the cost of dental treatment for my child?
- Your child's dentistry is FREE OF CHARGE under the NHS up to the age of 18 or 19 if in full time education. There may be a charge for white cosmetic fillings.
- Will I notice a difference?
- We certainly think so – from a friendly welcome at reception, to the time that we spend with you. If you are looking for something different from your dentistry you will not be disappointed. We have time to spend with you.
- What if I require emergency treatment?
- Priority will be given to our patients, but we also offer emergency appointments to non registered patients. We endeavor to see all emergencies on the day that you ring. Please ring 01480 466466 as early in the day as possible, if you have an emergency. If you need to be seen at the weekend or on a Bank Holiday, please ring 01480 466466 and you will be informed of the on-call number to contact.
- What happens if I have a problem away from home?
- If you have an unexpected dental emergency – whether in the UK or abroad – you are covered under The Old Grammar School Dental Care Plan. In the UK, just attend the dental practice of your choice, pay for your treatment, then submit the receipt and dentist’s report with a claim form immediately upon your return. If overseas, you have access to a dental hotline 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The DPAS team will endeavor to find an English-speaking dentist to assist you.
- Do I have to join the practice plan?
- Whilst we would like patients to join our practice, we are happy to see patients for individual treatments such as crown on crown or root filling.